Severe weather can be both frightening and dangerous for automobile travel. Motorists should know the safety rules and prepare for winter road emergencies.
13 Tips To Keep You Safe
• Avoid driving while you’re fatigued. Getting the proper amount of rest before taking on winter weather tasks reduces driving risks.
• Never warm up a vehicle in an enclosed area, such as a garage as the exhaust emits poisonous fumes.
• Make certain your tyres are properly inflated, oil water and all fluid levels are correct.
• Do not use cruise control when driving on any slippery surfaces.
• Use your seat belt every time you get into your vehicle.
• Watch weather reports prior to a long-distance drive or before driving in isolated areas. Delay trips when especially bad weather is expected. If you must leave, let others know your route, destination and estimated time of arrival.
• Always make sure your vehicle is in peak operating condition by having it inspected by an Approved Auto Repair facility.
• Keep at least half a tank of gasoline in your vehicle at all times.
• Pack a cellular telephone with your local emergency telephone number, plus blankets, gloves, hats, food, water and any needed medication in your vehicle.
• If you become stranded, stay with your vehicle. It provides temporary shelter and makes it easier for rescuers to locate you. Don’t try to walk in a severe storm.
• Don’t over exert yourself by trying to push your vehicle by yourself.
• At night, keep the dim or fog lights on if possible. It only uses a small amount of electricity and will make it easier for rescuers to find you.
• If possible run the engine and heater just long enough to remove the chill and to conserve gasoline.
Before any trip, a comprehensive inspection should be done on your vehicle. Detrimental faults are usually mechanical. CMH Suzuki Umhlanga Approved Workshop is equipped with the latest and modern technology operated by highly qualified and trained technicians to guarantee 100% peace of mind on any make vehicle. Call our workshop on 0816473558 or click on the link and book your vehicle in for a service or 101 inspections and commute safely this Winter holiday. Safe travels. #SuzukiNUR #WayOfLife